New physics book.

Dear List Members,

Since I am on no physics list, I permit myself to announce
to you my just published new book.

With best wishes,

Reinhart Frosch.

Reinhart Frosch
"Four-Tensors, the Mother Tongue of Classical Physics".

vdf Hochschulverlag an der ETH Zürich,
Zürich/Singen.

www.vdf.ethz.ch ;  verlag@xxxxxxxxxxx .

In this monograph, based on a course that the author taught
at ETH, it is shown that a spectacular formal simplification
of the equations representing the basic laws of classical
physics (e.g., the Maxwell equations of the electromagnetic
field) is achieved if the accustomed three-vectors are replaced
by four-tensors. As an introduction into the subject of four-
tensors, the first part of the book treats basic chapters of
special relativity theory. The text is aimed at all persons
interested in physics; the readers are expected to know
high-school mathematics and physics. Exercises and their
solutions are included at the end of most chapters.

Reinhart Frosch,
Dr. phil. nat.,
r. PSI and ETH Zurich,
Sommerhaldenstr. 5B,