Re: AUDITORY Digest - 29 May 2006 to 30 May 2006 (#2006-122):Indian Languages

Dear Monita and List,

1) You can get hindi corpus (words, sentences ) http://www.ncb.ernet.in/matrubhasha/speechcorpus.shtml

Its available I think in CDs and it costs 100 INR but i am not sure.

2) You can contact  Prof. Hema A Murthy of IIT Chennai. She works in speech processing, synthesis and recognition. Her e-mail is hema@ tenet.res.in I know she has a huge recorded corpus of Tamil but you need to contact personally.

3) Kannada corpus is available from All India Institute of Speech and Hearing, Mysore. I think its 2000 INR but I am not sure. You can contact Prof Savitri, who works in Speech science lab.

4) Another source is central Institute for Indian languages. There are 6-7 these institutes in India each dealing with specific Indian languages.

5) Resource Center for Indian Language Technology Solutions Indian Institute of Technology Bombay also may be of some help.
http://www.cfilt.iitb.ac.in/