overall level of the masking threshold

Title: Re: computational complexity of psychoacoustic models

Dear Daniel & Alexander:

Thanks a lot for nice opinions, and apologies for my slow reaction. It was really nice and helpful.

In the meantime, I have more questions for the list:

I was wondering if it is possible to predict the “overall level of the masking threshold” based on some statistics of the input signal (e.g. power, power spectral density, etc). By “overall level of the masking threshold”, I mean the average of the masking threshold over frequency.

For example, the threshold in quiet has an overall level of  ~ 32 dB

It would be great to have some kind of relation between the overall level of the masking threshold with the level of the input signal and the level of the threshold in quiet.

Is there any formulas existing somewhere in the psychoacoustics literatures?

Any suggestions and/or comments in this regard will be highly appreciated.

Thanks and regards,

~Arijit