UCM 2004 - Understanding and Creating Music - Caserta, Italia, November 2004, 23-27

Due to several requests, we extend all deadlines.
New deadines (paper, poster, music, workshop submission):
September 2004, 27

Please, circulate to all interested colleagues.

Thank you in advance.

Best regards,

Peppe Di Maio
Stefano Busiello
Pietro Di Lorenzo

______________________________________

4th International Conference

"Understanding and creating music"

Seconda Università degli Studi di Napoli - S.U.N.
Facoltà di Scienze MM.FF.NN. - Dipartimento di Matematica
Via Antonio Vivaldi, 43 - 81100 Caserta - Italia

First Announcement
The Department of Mathematics of Seconda Università di Napoli (located in Caserta) is organizing the Conference "Understanding and creating music" to be held in Caserta, November 2004, 23-27. The program will consist of plenary lectures delivered by invited speakers and contributed talks.

We encourage contributions that investigate the interplay between musical theory and practice with techniques and methods from cognitive psychology of music, including computational cognitive modelling of musical processes, to musical analysis, musical representations, algorithm methods, evaluation of musical artefacts, computer music etc.

Preliminary news (aims, Committees, submissions, deadlines, etc.) are available on our conference web-page:

http://www.unina2.it/capirelamusica.sun/

NEW Deadlines

  Submission of papers, posters
  September 2004, 27

  Notification of evaluation
  October 2004, 12

  Submitted abstracts will be judged on the basis of relevance, significance, correctness, originality, and clarity. Submitted papers must be written in English and must describe work not previously published, and must not be submitted concurrently to a journal or to another conference.

The papers will be published in the Proceeding of the Conference, CD-ROM.

Deadline for final submission
October 2004, 30

Concert:

On 26 November 2004 there will be a concert of electronic and computer music.

We encourage musicians to send us pieces of music (preferably first performance) recorded on CD-rom by postal mail to following address:

4th  Conference "Understanding and creating music"
Dipartimento di Matematica
Seconda Università degli Studi di Napoli
Via Antonio Vivaldi, 43 - 81100 Caserta - Italia

Each person can present only one composition. Each composition must last between 5 and 10 minutes.
Works will be accepted until exhaustion of time duration of concert

Submission of musics
September 2004, 27

Understanding and Creating Music
Dipartimento di Matematica