cochlear nucleus : Higher level then the audio periphery

Hello,

I know there are some people out there who have some idea about this
topic, so I pass some questions / statements onto you.

Can anybody correct this and tell me more ???? (references are ok if
you don't have time to tell everything !!!)
thanks in advance

Note: If you talk about experiments please name the mammal used. Mammals
only too ... no offense to the trees and reptiles and birds etc.

a] There are 2 cochlea nuclei in peoples brains
b] Each cochlea nucleus operates only on afferent neural information
   from the relevant cochlea (left or right).
c] The cochlea nucleus paths some efferent information back to the
   cochlea ???
d] How is afferent information processed into efferent information.

thanks
Matt

--
http://mffm.darktech.org