From:   AUDITORY  Research in Auditory Perception
[mailto:AUDITORY@LISTS.MCGILL.CA] On Behalf Of Harvey Holmes
Sent:   Friday, September 13, 2002 7:25 AM
To:     AUDITORY@LISTS.MCGILL.CA
Subject:        Re: Can Musicians practice with hearing protectors?

Dear list,

I think this latest comment does a disservice to classical organists, who
often have to synchronize with major professional orchestras, choirs and
soloists in very demanding classical sacred music, organ symphonies etc.,
such as mass settings by composers such as Mozart, Haydn, Verdi and
Bruckner.  The demands of this music on precision are at least comparable
to those of jazz, but are routinely satisfied by organists who are trained
to handle this latency problem.

         Harvey Holmes