Re: musical hallucinations

Dear list,
As a scientist, musician and composer, I've noticed over the years that
while listening to breaking waves I can sometimes get to really hear music.
No marches or xmas stuff ;-) I think I've been able to listen like this for
most of my life (47), and it's been quite productive at times.
Recently, when flying home after a couple of weeks work in Italy, being
really tired, I suddenly started to hear music in the jet engine noise and
the disturbing thing was that it didn't stop until after landing.
The timbres I tend to hear are synth-like (Prophet V in solo mode) with slow
attacks and decays. In pitch, I guess it's from C4 down.

/Mikael

Mikael Fernström, M.Sc., Lecturer
Interaction Design Centre & UL Interactive Media
Department of Computer Science and Information Systems
University of Limerick
Web: www.idc.ul.ie   www.csis.ul.ie   www.softday.ie
www.csis.ul.ie/imedia/     www.soundobject.org