Speech discrimination studies

Dear all,

         Im interested in learning about the earliest works done on speech discrimination. I understand that it has been used in finding out the acoustic features responsible for the perception of sevral consonants and vowels. Has it been used for other purposes? Kindly suggest me a comprehensive work on the trends in speech discrimination. Thankingyou,

M. Reddy Sivaprasad

Junior Research Fellow
Dept. Of Audiology
All India Institute Of Speech and Hearing
Manasagangothri, MYSORE-6
Karnataka, INDIA
Ph: +91-821-415618 Fax: +91-821-510515
mrsp78@yahoo.co.in