Re: Anti-aliasing on low-cost audio cards, how done?

At 10:50 AM 11/02/1995, Gregory J. Sandell wrote:

>Subject: Anti-aliasing on low-cost audio cards, how done?
>
>The are lots of audio cards for the PC and Mac that are very low cost,
>meaning they can't possibly have very sophisticated lowpass filters on
>them.  What do these cards do, if anything, to avoid aliasing?

You're way behind the times!  Low-cost one-chip stereo audio IN/OUT
chips were developed a few years ago, and have GREAT anti-aliasing filters,
using sigma-delta converter techniques with digital filtering.

I think Crystal semiconductor is one of the premiere vendors.

\Dick Lyon (408)974-4245
 Apple/ATG/CoreTechnologies