[no subject]

Re the recent exchanges of information about demonstration CDs, I have
produced a CD that consists mainly of simulations of what it is like to
have a hearing impairment.  The CD simulates the effects of threshold
elevation and loudness recruitment, reduced frequency selectivity, and
combinations of these.  It also simulates the effect of listening through
hearing aids of different types.  The demonstrations include both speech
and music.

The CD is called "Perceptual Consequences of Cochlear Damage" and it may be
obtained by writing to me enclosing a cheque for 12 pounds sterling or a
check for 20 dollars.

Brian C.J. Moore
Department of Experimental Psychology,
Downing Street,