[AUDITORY] Efficient Brain Recording - Audio to EEG

Is there a consensus about what is the most *efficient* way to establish that there is an audio-brain-recording connection?  By efficient I mean in terms of the least amount of subject time.

What I want to know is:  how can I mostly quickly establish that we are picking up EEG signals *due* to an audio signal?

I suspect ABRs, since they are used in infant screening.  FFRs seem interesting because they are continuous.  ERPs seem more problematic since they often have a low repetition rate.  (Acknowledging that strictly speaking the ABR is a form of ERP.)

Is there a written comparison?

Thanks.

- Malcolm