[AUDITORY] Emotions Evoked By Harmony

Hello all,

I’m a Grammy Nominated Jazz pianist turned music cognition enthusiast while working on a project that aims to quantify emotions evoked by music and specifically by harmony. World tours with the artist Thundercat inspired my quest to provide our audiences with a visual representation of our music’s emotional intent, a form of cross-modal learning. Vertical chord root perception and horizontal key-center perception seem to play a large role in compound emotions elicited by scale degrees related to those perceived roots and keys in major and minor contexts (for western listeners especially.) I’m asking any list members who are interested in helping test these hypotheses to please visit http://sentisonics.com/betatesting. Please mention this list when signing up and I’ll fast track your access to a web app that facilitates a metacognitive exploration of harmony and sentiment analysis. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Warm wishes,
Dennis

- Dennis Hamm
dennis@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx