[AUDITORY] PhD in SHS at University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign

Earn a PhD in Speech and Hearing Science from the University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign!

Please find attached two flyers regarding (1) our PhD program and faculty, and (2) an upcoming PhD Information Session. We will hold the virtual information session for our PhD program on October 24th at 10:00 AM (Central time zone, USA). You can register using this link:
https://ahs.illinois.edu/phd-day-2023

PhD Program in Speech and Hearing Science

Interdisciplinary investigations are fundamental to better understand and treat developmental and acquired hearing, speech, language, and cognitive communication disorders. Our investigations from a neurodiverse and inclusive perspective build on our rich campus and college history as a world leader in disability. Our work advances the science, technological development, and clinical practice of communication in real-world environments across the lifespan, bridging research-to-practice gaps.

Doctoral students work closely with a faculty mentor to complete an individualized program of coursework and research experiences, allowing them to take advantage of the wide variety of courses and research labs available at the university.

PhD students hold research or teaching assistantships or fellowships, which include a full tuition waiver and benefits. Graduates leave with strong research skills, ready to make an impact on today’s world.

We prepare visionary leaders in translational research. Graduates fill a variety of influential career positions in communication sciences and its disorders, including academic appointments at research- intensive universities, research institutions, public agencies, and clinical research settings. We are a catalyst for people driven to change the world through learning, discovery, and innovation.

Brian B. Monson, PhD

Associate Professor and Director of Graduate Studies
Department of Speech and Hearing Science | College of Applied Health Sciences
Department of Biomedical and Translational Sciences | Carle Illinois College of Medicine
Stephens Family Clinical Research Institute | Carle Foundation Hospital
Neuroscience Program

901 S Sixth St, Rm 223
Champaign, IL 61820
217-300-6212 | monson@xxxxxxxxxxxx
anexlabshs.web.illinois.edu

Need to schedule a meeting with me? Schedule it here:
calendly.com/monsonphd/20minmeet

PNG image

Under the Illinois Freedom of Information Act any written communication to or from university employees regarding university business is a public record and may be subject to public disclosure.