[AUDITORY] Final call for FREE registration to Hearing Aid Workshop in Sydney, December 1

Dear Auditory List Members,

This is a final call for registration to an exciting one-day workshop scheduled for Friday, December 1st, 2023, the week prior to the joint Acoustical Society of America meeting in Sydney. This session will be an all-day event held at the Google Australia, Sydney HQ. Some funding may be available to early career individuals, students, and postdocs - more details on that once we have a final headcount.

Register here by August 31st: https://usf.az1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_55X50HsDG57Y8WG

We will be joined by our panelists:

Catherine McMahon, Macquarie University

David McAlpine, Macquarie University

Viji Easwar, National Acoustics Laboratory

Louise Hickson, University of Queensland

Brent Edwards, National Acoustics Laboratory

Simon Carlile, Google Research

The morning will consist of brief talks by our expert panel, followed by a panel discussion. A workshop with small group discussions, led by early-career scientists, will be held in the afternoon, followed by a happy hour.

If you have any questions, please email the organizers at: halfwayto2030@xxxxxxxxx

We look forward to connecting and exchanging ideas re: the future of hearing loss treatment at this workshop.

Sincerely,

Anna Diedesch

Erol Ozmeral

Varsha Rallapalli

P.S. For those who remember the Listening into 2030 workshop held in Berkeley, CA in 2016, we are informally referring to this workshop as “Half-way to 2030.” We hope some alumni from the 2016 event will be able to join us!

Erol J. Ozmeral, Ph.D.

Assistant Professor, Dept. Communication Sciences & Disorders

University of South Florida

Tampa campus

Office: 813-974-4148

Email: eozmeral@xxxxxxx