Re: [AUDITORY] Decline of ASA research?

Hi Joel,

To a measurable extent it’s my fault. I was have been working specifically on auditory scene analysis and stream segregation but retired at the end of 2011 and closed my lab, publishing afterwards only a few leftover papers on these topics. In retrospect I should have stayed and continued applying for grants, and if successful as in the past, thereby depriving you youngsters from the money that I would have received. Too bad for less research in those areas but AI is there to fill in the gaps left by us not doing experiments.

Best, just the same,
Pierre

Pardon my typos. It's Apple's fault.