[AUDITORY] 3y Post-doc position on music and verbal coordination in Marseille

Dear all,

we are happy to offer one fully-funded three year post-doc position at Aix-Marseille University, Marseille, France, starting in September/October 2023.

This project is funded by the French National Research Agency and brings together a group of researchers from phonetics, pragmatics, cognitive science and neuroscience.

The aim of this project is to study the extent to which music making affects interpersonal verbal coordination, as well as to advance our understanding of the underlying neural mechanisms in normal and pathological conditions.

Leveraging state-of-the-art neuroscience in speech and multimodal conversation, in this project we will gather together controlled and ecological tasks assessing verbal coordination, using sophisticated analytical tools of both verbal and neural measures.

Besides the advances in our understanding of the links between interpersonal coordination and neural mechanisms, the results of the project may also play an important role for both rehabilitation strategies and educational policies. Indeed, a positive effect of music making on interpersonal verbal coordination would encourage the use of musical activities in innovative speech therapies and open new avenues in education research to foster cooperation with playful approaches.

This post-doc position includes a close collaboration with Leonardo Lancia and Roxane Bertrand (LPL, Aix-Marseille).

The candidate should have a very good knowledge of French, a true interest in coordinative behaviors and very good skills in data analysis.

For further information and to apply, do not hesitate to contact me joining your CV :  daniele.schon@xxxxxxxxxxx

Best Wishes,

Daniele

Thought of the month: What is Academia ? Publishing and finding grants or discussion, communication and engagement?

Daniele Schon - Directeur de Recherche - INS INSTITUT DE  NEUROSCIENCES DES SYSTEMES
INSERM & Aix-Marseille Université - Campus Timone - 27 BVD Jean Moulin - 13005 Marseille
Tél: +33(0)4 91 32 41 00  /  Site : https://ins-amu.fr/dcp