[AUDITORY] Advise on coupling pre-amp to insert earphones

Dear Auditory List,

I will be adding a set of etymotic ER-3C insert earphones (50 Ohm) to my EEG set-up. I am currently considering how best to link these up to my HiFi system. Specifically what spec pre-amp I should find to couple the earphones with. I am intending on presenting both computer-generated signals as well as using a microphone for online auditory feedback. I have a RME FireFace 400 audio interface between the computer, microphone and the headphones. I am looking for a pre-amp that will generate excellent SNR. Any suggestions or advise on setting up this interface would be greatly appreciated.

Best,

Liam