[AUDITORY] two open doctoral positions in our neurocognition lab at TU Dresden, Germany

Dear list,

I’d like to advertise two open positions in our neurocognition lab at the University Hospital Dresden (part of the Technische Universität Dresden, Germany) with a focus on language processes in adults and children with cochlear implants using EEG, fNIRS and behavioural data.

Our lab is located at the University Hospital Dresden right next to the Cochlear Implant Center with an established great and close collaboration with patients, therapists and clinicians.

One doctoral position will focus on EEG speech tracking paradigms. Together with a position at Prof. Tobias Reichenbach’s lab (University Erlangen/Nürnberg) that data will train neural networks that decode the auditory input that our patients receive in order to increase intelligibility.

The other doctoral position will study language acquisition processes in children with cochlear implants using EEG, with a special focus on those children who were born deaf and the CI has been their sole auditory input for language acquisition.

The TU Dresden is one of eleven German “excellence” universities with an exceptionally good academic infrastructure. Dresden itself is known for its rich cultural heritage and the beautiful surrounding landscape (captured in many a famous painting) that offers great outdoor activities.

Please note that since we are working with patients who struggle with hearing, your German pronunciation should be good enough to ensure a good interaction (no need for perfect grammar).

Both positions can start on 01.03.2023 and are open until filled. More details can be found here:

https://www.uniklinikum-dresden.de/de/jobs-und-karriere/stellenangebote/wissenschaft/wissenschaftliche-r-mitarbeiter-in-doktorand-in-6

https://www.uniklinikum-dresden.de/de/jobs-und-karriere/stellenangebote/wissenschaft/wissenschaftliche-r-mitarbeiter-in-doktorand-in-7

Please forward to anyone interested and feel free to contact me or Dr. Anja Hahne (head of the lab; anja.hahne@xxxxxxx) if you have any questions regarding one of the positions!

Best regards

Niki

***********************************

Dr. rer. nat. Niki K. Vavatzanidis (she/her)

M.Sc. Medical Neuroscience

Saxonian Cochlear Research Center Dresden

University Hospital Dresden

Fetscherstr. 74

01307 Dresden

Germany

niki.vavatzanidis(at)ukdd.de

https://www.ukdd.de/ercd/vavatzanidis

https://www.ukdd.de/ercd/neurocognition

Universitätsklinikum Carl Gustav Carus

an der Technischen Universität Dresden

Anstalt des öffentlichen Rechts des Freistaates Sachsen

Fetscherstraße 74, 01307 Dresden

http://www.uniklinikum-dresden.de

Vorstand: Prof. Dr. med. D. Michael Albrecht (Sprecher), Frank Ohi
Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrates: Univ.-Doz. Dr. G. Brunner
USt.-IDNr.: DE 140 135 217, St.-Nr.: 203 145 03113