[AUDITORY] Special Session on Tools, Technologies, and Formats at I3DA 2023 (Bologna, September 5-7)

(Apologies for cross-postings)

Dear colleagues,

We are organizing a special session on "Tools, Technologies, and Formats", as part of the I3DA conference (Immersive and 3D Audio: from Architecture to Automotive) which will take place in Bologna, Italy from 5th to 7th September (https://www.i3da2023.org).

The topics of interest for the session include but are not limited to :
* Software tools (such as standalone applications, plugins, web-based solutions, etc.) for the production and rendering of immersive and 3D audio.
* Hardware technologies for 3D audio capture or rendering and AR/VR, such as microphone arrays, loudspeaker arrays, head-tracking devices, wearable augmented reality displays and interfaces, etc.
* Formats (object based, scene based, channel based), standards, codecs, and transmission protocols for the delivery of spatial audio.
* Design and implementation of interactive audio frameworks and applications.

If you are interested, we invite you to please submit an abstract (https://www.i3da2023.org/call-for-papers/).
The conference deadlines are :
- March 31, 2023 : deadline for abstract submission
- April 7, 2023 : notification of abstract acceptance
- June 15, 2023 : deadline for full paper submission.

All papers will undergo peer review. The I3DA 2023 proceedings will be submitted to the IEEE for publication. The proceedings will also be indexed on Scopus and Web of Science.

If you have any questions do not hesitate to contact us. We look forward to seeing you in Bologna.

Kind regards,
Thibaut Carpentier  and  Jean-Marc Jot