[AUDITORY] Team Lead position open at ORCA Europe - WS Audiology's Swedish research center

Dear Auditory list,

We have a very exiting job opportunity available for an experienced leader and researcher. At our WS Audiology research lab ORCA Europe in Stockholm we are looking for someone to lead the team, and to help shape the scientific direction WS Audiology takes. In other words, if you have leadership experience, and research experience (preferably mixed method including qualitative work), and experience turning scientific findings into tangible insights for future products and services, you could very well be our new colleague. Read more below.

Team Lead - Scientific Audiology (ORCA Europe) - WS Audiology EMEA, LATAM & Canada

Best regards,

Filip

Filip Marchman Rønne, PhD

Global head of WSA Science

WS Audiology

Nymøllevej 6

DK - 3540 Lynge

Denmark

Reception: +45 44 35 56 00

Mobile +45 22 54 98 85

This email, inclusive of attachments, is intended for the person(s) stated above and contains information that may be confidential, privileged or otherwise exempt from disclosure. Unauthorized reading, disclosure, copying, distribution or use of this information may violate rights to proprietary information.
If you are not an intended recipient, please return this email to the sender and delete your copy.
Thank you.

Team Lead Scientific Audiology (ORCA Europe)

We are now seeking a highly motivated, skilled leader and researcher to aid our vision of creating audiological insights and knowledge, that provides innovations across WS Audiology and a clear and recognized position in the scientific audiological community.

About WS Audiology

Every day our 12,000 colleagues in 130 markets help millions of people regain and benefit from the miracle of hearing. Going beyond together, we achieve annual revenues of around EUR 2.3 billion. Our portfolio of technologies spans the full spectrum of hearing care, from distinct hearing brands and digital platforms to managed care, hearing centers and diagnostics locations.

A brief overview

ORCA Europe is a WS Audiology research lab located in Stockholm, Sweden. The ORCA Europe research team is one of three groups anchored in the Scientific Audiology team within Research and Development, and you will report to Filip Rønne, Global head of Scientific Audiology, based in Denmark. Your job will be to lead the team of international researchers. The core of the role is leadership, including people development, training, coaching, hiring, goal setting and feedback. Also, your role is to guide and support the research conducted at ORCA Europe and across the other sites. There will be room for you to engage in relevant research within your own expertise area, both coordinating but also participating in specific research projects. You will be engaged, participate in, and improve collaborations with academic institutions around the globe, and you will, together with the team, put emphasis on publishing our results.

A bit about who we are

ORCA Europe is a cross-disciplinary team currently with competencies within audio engineering, audiology, psychoacoustics, and cognitive science, that does mixed-method research within various areas. Current focuses are on topics as: empowerment within hearing health care, ways of measuring hearing aid benefit in real life, investigating and measuring conversational success, and understanding the auditory reality of people with hearing loss (www.orca-eu.info). The research is carried out both at the premises in Stockholm, and in collaboration with hearing clinics and research groups in the international academic community.

We are now seeking a highly motivated, skilled leader and researcher to aid our vision of creating audiological insights and knowledge, that provides innovations across WS Audiology and a clear and recognized position in the scientific audiological community.

A bit about the role

The position will be permanent, full time and located in Stockholm. ORCA Europe is a small research group, situated external to the WS Audiology headquarters in Denmark, Germany, and Singapore. Thus, the role includes a wide variety of tasks and responsibilities:

Leadership

  • Lead a team of researchers with various academic and professional backgrounds in an international work environment
  • People development, including goal setting, providing individual feedback, competence build-up, and coaching.

Administration and management

  • Local site administration, including expense approvals and handling the contact to HQ and local service providers.
  • Hiring new co-workers.

Research

  • Research management. Have overview over, guide and support research projects.
  • Assist the transfer of knowledge and results from research to actual products and services.
  • Scope, coordinate and participate in research projects.
  • Publish and present results internally within the company and externally at international research conferences.

To supplement the current competencies in the team, your ideal research background includes experience working with qualitative methods, and could be within Health Psychology, Anthropology, Sociology or related. However, you could also have a background within Audiology, Engineering, Biology, or other relevant fields.

A bit about you

We welcome applications from candidates with a proven leadership background who holds a PhD in a relevant field as well as having good interpersonal skills, as we see these vital to the success of the team.

You most likely fit the following profile:

  • You have proven leadership experience or training.
  • You hold a PhD degree or corresponding in a relevant field.
  • You have a record of first and co-authored publications in international journals, and you have experience presenting at international conferences.
  • You have a record of organizing projects, preferably also experiences with international collaborations.
  • You have proficiency in creating tangible insights that can inspire and assist our developers.

The corporate language is English, and you need to be fluent in English, both verbally and in writing. A willingness to learn Swedish is necessary.

Sounds Wonderful? Then join us

Deadline for applications is February 5th. If you require further information about this position, please contact: Filip Marchman Rønne, filip.roenne@xxxxxxx