[AUDITORY] Forum Acusticum 2023, Special Session "Beyond speech: analysis of paralinguistic information in spoken language"

Dear Colleagues,

The 10th Convention of the European Acoustics Association, Forum Acusticum 2023, will take place in Torino (Italy) from the 11th to the 15th of September 2023. This will be an excellent opportunity to present your most recent work and discuss it with fellow acousticians, researchers and professionals, academics and students.

We are pleased to invite you to submit a paper to our special session titled A15-04 Beyond speech: analysis of paralinguistic information in spoken language,  which is part of the theme A15 - Speech.

https://www.fa2023.org/structured-sessions/

The session covers research on analysis and characterization of paralinguistic information across different areas related to spoken language technologies, including acoustic phonetics, speech recognition and synthesis, speech perception, and speech pathology assessment. Contributions are encouraged in, but not limited to, the following topics:

    Paralinguistic information characterization in speech technologies: Emerging trends and applications
    Computational Paralinguistics
    Perceived Speaker Traits analysis
    Voice quality assessment
    Analysis and synthesis of paralinguistic cues in expressive speech
    Paralinguistic acoustic features for pathological speech assessment
    Machine learning exploitation in paralinguistic information modeling

Papers can be submitted for oral (a 20-minute time slot is allotted) or poster presentation through the Forum Acusticum 2023 website, https://www.fa2023.org/authors/

The submission deadline for abstracts is January 31, 2023, while papers need to be submitted by April 30, 2023. The abstract is limited to 200 words, and papers can be from 2 to 4 pages long. All the papers will undergo a peer review process.

if you have any questions do not hesitate to contact us. We are looking forward to receiving your submission!

Sincerely,
Carlo Drioli

Carlo Drioli, PhD
Department of Mathematics, Computer Science and Physics
University of Udine
Via delle Scienze, 206
33100 Udine
phone: +39-0432-558448