[AUDITORY] 3-year postdoc in Auditory Neuroscience, University of Oldenburg, Germany

The lab for Cochlear and Auditory Brainstem Physiology, in the Department of Neuroscience, at the Carl von Ossietzky University of Oldenburg seeks to fill the position of a

Postdoctoral Researcher (m/f/d), (salary group 13 TV-L)

The position is available immediately, for a period of three years from the starting date. The position is suitable for part-time work.

Our research: the lab is broadly interested in hearing: its anatomy, physiology, development and evolution. One of the unique animal models we work with is the barn owl and we are the first to develop the use of optogenetic tools for this species. We are now seeking a postdoc to combine optogenetics with established neurophysiology, to probe the neural sources of evoked potentials, such as the widely used Auditory Brainstem Response. The project is in tight collaboration with colleagues at Humboldt University Berlin, engaged in modelling. In broader terms, the work aims to improve the diagnostic value of evoked-potential measurements by accurately predicting their sources under different conditions.

Your profile: We seek a highly motivated candidate with

·         an academic university degree (Master or equivalent) in biology, neuroscience or related fields

·         the ability to carry out independent research, evidenced by a high-quality PhD and a good publication record

·         profound experience with optogenetic applications in the nervous system

·         profound experience with recording neural activity, ideally including invasive techniques

·         experience with neural data analysis, preferably using Matlab

·         experience with brain histology or in working with birds is a bonus

What can you expect?

We offer an attractive work environment in an international team. Our lab is part of the interdisciplinary cluster of excellence Hearing4all (http://hearing4all.eu/EN/), with its own Junior Research Academy that provides excellent support and networking opportunities.

How to apply

The University of Oldenburg is committed to increasing the percentage of its female scientists. Therefore, female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply. In accordance with § 21 Section 3 NHG, equally qualified female candidates will be considered preferentially. Applicants with disabilities will be given preference in case of equal qualification.

Please submit your application which must include your motivation for this position, CV, publication list and certificates (preferably via E-Mail as a single PDF-file) until Nov 30th 2022 to:

Ilona Dwehus; ilona.dwehus@xxxxxx; Abt. Zoophysiologie und Verhalten, Carl von Ossietzky Universität Oldenburg, Carl von Ossietzky Str. 9-11, D-26129 Oldenburg.

--
Prof. Dr. Christine Köppl
Cochlear and Auditory Brainstem Physiology
Department of Neuroscience
School of Medicine and Health Sciences
Cluster of Excellence "Hearing4all"
Research Centre Neurosensory Science