From: AUDITORY - Research in Auditory Perception <AUDITORY@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> on behalf of David McAlpine <david.mcalpine@xxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Sunday, November 6, 2022 11:18 PM
To: AUDITORY@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx <AUDITORY@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [External] Re: [AUDITORY] Long/Low & Short/High?

(Off the top of my head, so here goes) From a purely information processing perspective, with a brain 'normalisation' chaser, these are relatively low frequencies where phase-locking is a 'thing'. Purely in terms of accumulating information about the signals (I'm guessing 'the brain' doesn't know or care about your task), the same number of spikes would take longer to accumulate for a lower frequency (fewer cycles, fewer spikes, therefore less 'information'). just a hunch but move into the non-phase locking region above 4 kHz (for those who can still hear!) and see what happens.