[AUDITORY] Looking for PhD students to focus on music cognition and development!

Please share with your prospective Ph.D. students! We are now considering applicants for Ph.D. study in Psychological and Brain Sciences at University of Nevada, Las Vegas to work in the Auditory Cognition and Development Lab and the Auditory Cognitive Neuroscience Lab, to primarily work with Erin Hannon. We are particularly interested in admitting students who want to help us study auditory affective processing, musicality and misophonia. We are also interested in students who want to study musical development and enculturation, particularly rhythm and beat perception but also language and music parallels. Our facilities support studies using behavioral tasks with infants, children, and adults, as well as electrophysiology (high-density EEG recordings) with adults and children. Interested in potential applicants with appropriate qualifications (bachelor’s or master’s degree in Psychology, Cognitive Science, Neuroscience, Computer Science, or other related disciplines) are encouraged to visit the ACDL or ACNL web sites for further information about our research, email the lab directors (erin.hannon@xxxxxxxx <mailto:erin.hannon@xxxxxxxx>, joel.snyder@xxxxxxxx <mailto:joel.snyder@xxxxxxxx>) with any questions, and apply directly to the UNLV graduate school. For more information on UNLV, the Ph.D. program, and each lab, please see links below.

ACDL: https://faculty.unlv.edu/ehannon/

ACNL: http://faculty.unlv.edu/jsnyder

UNLV Grad School: http://www.unlv.edu/graduatecollege

UNLV Psychological and Brain Sciences Ph.D. program: https://www.unlv.edu/psychology/graduateprograms/phd-psychological