[AUDITORY] Cochlear Implant Sound Coding Research Position in Denver, USA

Dear All,

   Our cochlear implant research team in Denver has a research position open.  We’re looking for someone who can push sound coding research forward in novel directions.  If there are people just finishing a PhD or doing a post-doc who would be interested in an industry job in Colorado see below:

https://careers.cochlear.com/cw/en/job/614870/senior-auditory-research-scientist

Details...

Senior Auditory Research Scientist

Work type: Permanent
Location: Lone Tree, Colorado
Categories: Clinical Studies, Engineering, North America, Individual Contributor

Change people’s lives and love what you do!  Cochlear is the most recognized brand in hearing health care.

Human needs have always been our inspiration, ever since Professor Graeme Clark set out to create the first multi-channel cochlear implant because he saw his father struggle with hearing loss. We always start with people in mind – thinking about their needs.

For this reason, our products, services and support will continue to evolve and improve. We are by our customers’ side through the entire hearing journey, so they can experience a life full of hearing. Our employees tell us that the number one reason they enjoy working for Cochlear is the opportunity to make a difference to people’s lives and working in an organization where they can be part of bringing the mission to life each day.

 About the role

We are recruiting for a Senior Auditory Research Scientist in Algorithms and Applications, based in our Americas head office in Lone Tree, CO. This role offers a hybrid work environment with a combination of in-office and remote work from home.

In alignment with our organizational principle of providing a safe work environment, employees of Cochlear are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. The only allowable exceptions include qualifying medical and religious accommodation. Proof of your COVID-19 vaccination will be required prior to your start date.

 To be successful in this role you’ll be able to identify and apply methods for improving cochlear implant outcomes using novel stimulation strategies. You’ll work collaboratively with the Research Program Lead at the Denver Research and Technology Labs to identify potential improvements, design experiments, collect data for analysis and interpretation and communicate results via presentations, technical reports, and manuscripts.

Key Responsibilities

    Identify, investigate, and research promising novel stimulation methods.
    Specify and assist in the development of auditory research software and sound coding strategies.
    Communicate recommendations and results internally and in public presentations and journal articles.
    Create and document intellectual property.
    Collaborate with internal technology networks and external research partners.

Key Requirements

To add value to Cochlear in this role you'll be able to meet and demonstrate the following knowledge, skills and abilities in your application and at interview:

    Doctoral degree in science or engineering relating to hearing and speech sciences, auditory psychophysics, or auditory neurophysiology -or- Master’s degree in related field and 4+ years of experience
    Experience designing original experiments, analyzing experimental results with appropriate statistical methods, and writing technical reports or manuscripts
    Excellent verbal and written communication skills
    Expert knowledge in one or more of the following areas:
        Sound coding for cochlear implants, auditory processing, or auditory perception
    Programming experience in a high-level scripting language such as MATLAB or Python.

Stoph

Christopher Long, Ph.D
Director Research Algorithms & Applications

Cochlear Americas
10350 Park Meadows Drive
Lone Tree, CO 80124 USA
Email: CLong@xxxxxxxxxxxx