[AUDITORY] FECHNER DAY 2022 -- Update

Dear the members of the list,

I am forwarding the following update for Fechner Day 2022.

Two important points have been added: (1) those who wish to attend the meeting should send an email to < fd2022@xxxxxxxxx > with the name(s) of the author(s), title, and preference for oral or poster presentation by June 5th, 17:00 (CET) at the latest, and (2) information about stipend applications has been included.

All the best,

Kazuo
--
***Apologies for cross-posting***

**Fechner Day 2022 -- 38th Annual Meeting of the International Society for Psychophysics**
**Lund, Sweden, Aug 23-26, 2022**

Dear friends and colleagues:

Thanks to all who have submitted a paper or abstract to Fechner Day 2022. We are still looking for further contributions to our conference.

Though the deadline for submission of papers and summaries for the Proceedings book is June 30th, we would like to already start developing the schedule. So, even if you are not yet ready to submit your paper - please send us an email < fd2022@xxxxxxxxx > with the name(s) of the author(s), title, and preference for oral or poster presentation. Send us the title of your presentation by June 5th, 17:00 (CET) at the latest, so we can start developing the schedule.

Submissions should consist of scholarly work addressing topics including, but not limited to, perception, sensation, neuroscience, and mathematical modelling of these processes.

The scientific schedule and abstracts will be made available from the conference's website < www.fechnerday.com/fd2022 >.

Send your submission by email to < fd2022@xxxxxxxxx >.
All submitted papers and summaries are peer reviewed. Authors will be notified quickly, typically within two weeks of submission, whether the work is acceptable for presentation or not.

Also, encourage your students to come to the conference and present their work. The ISP meetings are well known for their friendly spirit and stimulating atmosphere, so this is a great opportunity for students to enter the field and test their abilities.

If you have students who would like to attend, they may apply for travel grants. The student should submit a CV, a brief summary of his/her presentation (an abstract up to 150 words for a free talk or a poster submission can be reused), and the amount requested. You (the sponsor) should write a brief supporting message.  The application should be submitted to the International Society for Psychophysics (ueda [at] design.kyushu-u.ac.jp) by Thursday, 30 June 2022, 17:00 (CET).

Potential stipends are limited to those who are presenting; please be sure to submit both a stipend application to the Society and an abstract of a free talk or a poster to the organizers. The policy of selection is that undergraduate students are given first preference, then graduate students can be considered depending on the budget left. Typically, post docs are not eligible. The size of stipends has been $400 for same continent applicants and $800 for those from different continents.

As for other information (accommodation, submission guidelines, registration options, special events, etc.), please visit the conference's website regularly for news and updates < www.fechnerday.com/fd2022 >.

On behalf of the program & organization committee:
Geoff Patching
--
Kazuo UEDA, Ph.D.
Associate Professor