[AUDITORY] Fwd: Recruiting for a Clinical Research Manager at Oticon Medical

Attention list, we are looking to recruit a Clinical Research Manager at Oticon Medical based in Copenhagen, Denmark.

Follow this link to apply: https://www.oticonmedical.com/about-oticon-medical/career/open-jobs/job-details?id=23832

Clinical Research Manager

Join the Clinical Research team of Oticon Medical (OM) to conduct studies investigating the benefits of market-approved Cochlear Implants (CI). As clinical research manager, you will have a key role with responsibility for planning and conducting clinical research studies on CI surgery and audiology at external centers, e.g., university hospitals located all over the world. You take part in building relationships with and reaching out to researchers and KOL in the field. Based at Oticon Medical in Copenhagen you will become part of an interdisciplinary environment at Oticon Medical’s head offices in Copenhagen and Nice, France.

The job

You will be responsible for clinical studies related to CI. Your primary tasks will be to:

  • Build relationships with external researchers and clinicians, and collaborate with OM research coordinators positioned in countries
  • Collaborate with external research partners to plan, design, and sometimes execute, explorative and investigator-initiated studies within the area of CI audiology and surgery, e.g., write or review protocols
  • In some cases, design and ensure documentation for sponsor-initiated studies are complete, including documentation for study approval by ethical committee and competent authorities.
  • Ensure that studies are monitored, including acting as a monitor in some cases

You can expect up to 25 days of business travel per year.

The Team

You will be part of a newly establish team responsible for conducting CI Clinical Research for Oticon Medical in territories. The team is anchored in Oticon Medical HQ in Copenhagen and responsible of conducting research projects in all continents. In this central role, you will have the opportunity to carve this growing organization.

Competences and qualifications

The ideal candidate will have the following qualifications:

  • Relevant academic background, e.g., PhD in audiology or hearing science, or you hold a Master’s degree complemented with research and publications experience.
  • Experience with designing and preparing documentation for clinical investigations of hearing instruments or similar
  • Experience with conducting clinical investigations
  • Good working knowledge of relevant regulations, e.g., ISO14155
  • Good communication skills, and speak and write English proficiently

Preferable experiences

  • Clinical experience or a deep understanding of hearing aids, bone anchored hearing systems, or cochlear implants
  • Experience from obtaining approval from ethical committee and competent authorities on clinical trials
  • Interest in medical imagery

We are looking for a team player who finds it inspiring to discuss challenges with colleagues and external partners, but who also can work alone, initiate, and conduct tasks by him/herself. You take pride in following tasks all the way to completion in a company where you sometimes have to define the standards. You have a scientific approach, and you also acknowledge the commercial environment and can be pragmatic and results oriented in your approach to get things done. You have an eye for the detail and an overview. You have a convincing personality, find it easy to meet and interact with new people, and you are interested in a professional relationship with our customers.

Our offer to you

Oticon Medical offers many challenges in an international organization full of energy and expertise. You can influence and will have a central role in providing clinical documentation for our current CIs and future products. You will be part of an environment based on trust and openness. We offer flexible working conditions.

Application and contact

To learn more about the job, please contact Director, Clinical Research, Nicolas Le Goff (+45 51 17 68 43).  Please send your application and CV as soon as possible since we are interviewing candidates on an ongoing basis.

For any questions regarding the position, please contact Talent Acquisition Consultant, Andreas Gersel, on +45 4149 9920 or ARGS@xxxxxxxxxx.

We look forward to hearing from you!

Oticon Medical is a global company in implantable hearing solutions, dedicated to bringing the magical world of sound to people at every stage of life. As part of the Demant group, a global leader in hearing healthcare with 16,500 people in over 130 countries, we have access to one of the world’s strongest research and development teams, the latest technological advances and insights into hearing care. Our competencies span more than a century of innovations in sound processing and decades of pioneering experience in hearing implant technology. We work collaboratively with patients, physicians and hearing care professionals to ensure that every solution we create is designed with users’ needs in mind. We share an unwavering commitment to provide innovative solutions and support that enhance quality of life for people wherever life may take them.

Because we know how much sound matters.

Katie Faulkner

Oticon Medical email: ktsl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx