[AUDITORY] Detecting background music: invitation to an online experiment

Please, feel free to redistribute this call to your colleagues, students and networks

---

Dear all,

In the context of the LoudSense project, funded by the Catalan government, we at the MTG-UPF would like to ask for your participation in a short and fun experiment. The project is aimed at clarifying the way we process audiovisual information.The task requires watching short video clips and pressing a button when background music appears or disappears. The whole process takes only 15 minutes, but once started it has to be done in a row until the end.

Adults from 18 to 65 years old, and with good hearing health are valid subjects.

The experiment can only be done in English.

Participation requires the use of headphones and a web browser (Safari and Edge excluded).

To participate please go to:

https://run.pavlovia.org/loudsense/exp-e_en

Thanks in advance for your help and participation.

Kind regards,

Perfecto Herrera & Roser Batlle

Music Technology Group

Universitat Pompeu Fabra