[AUDITORY] Psychoacoustics Book

Dear Colleagues,

Several people have contacted me saying that they have had trouble buying the book "Guide to Psychoacoustics", which is a guide to the use of a software package for running psychoacoustic experiments that can be downloaded from:

http://ia.amu.edu.pl/wp-content/uploads/2021/02/PSYCHOACOUSTICS_Install.msi_.zip

I also had trouble buying the book, which was partly due to the fact that the publisher ceased sales for accounting reasons over the Christmas and New Year period. Anyway, the book is now back on sale. If you want to buy it, here are some hints:

First go to the publisher's web site:

https://press.amu.edu.pl/en/wprowadzenie%20do%20pakietu%20psychoacoustics%20(pdf).html

Click on the small EN at the top of the page to get some information in English.
It is best to register in order to set up an account.
You can then go ahead and order the book, following the on-screen instructions.
For most people, the only way to pay will be via international bank transfer.
After you have ordered the book, and arranged payment, you should be sent an acknowledgment email, and then another email saying that the status of your order is "Wysłane", which means completed or approved. When that happens, login to your account on the publisher's web site and click on "My Downloadable Products". You will then see a link that you can click on to download the pdf file of the book.

Good luck!

Brian

Prof. Brian C. J. Moore, Ph.D., PFBSA, FMedSci, FRS, Dr. h.c.
Cambridge Hearing Group,
Dept. of Psychology,
University of Cambridge,
Downing Street,