[AUDITORY] Opening for Research Scientist with GN Hearing

Research Scientist, Psychophysics

GN Hearing, a leading manufacturer of Hearing Health devices, is looking for a Research Scientist to explore and develop new methods for psychometric evaluation of GN Hearing’s future innovations. We want to move beyond the lab and work closer to the real-life scenarios of the end user using non-intrusive methods built with recent machine learning techniques. Quantitative and statistical analysis on large data sets will be part of the job to ensure solid scientific conclusions that convey existing evidence. As part of the research team, you will work across different disciplines and must be able to connect and combine results from simulations, acoustic measurements, perceptual tests, and real-world results.

Areas of responsibility:

Qualifications:

Location:

This position is based in our research center in Minneapolis, MN. The Minneapolis-based GN Research team is located in the Center for Applied and Translational Sensory Science at the University of Minnesota (http://catss.umn.edu/).  Due to our current remote work enviornment, we are flexible on work location at this time. The incumbent must be willing to relocate to the Minneapolis area in the near future.

Why GN Hearing:

The Hearing Healthcare industry provides you the grounds for creativity to help our end-users with innovative solutions. Our multi-disciplinary research team carries out applied research in a wide range of disciplines, including acoustics, signal processing, neuroscience, human-computer interaction, artificial intelligence, audiology, hearing science, and multiple fields of engineering.

Because research is globally located in Denmark, Netherlands, Chicago, and Minneapolis, some domestic and international travel will be required. GN currently has a strict travel ban to ensure the safety of our employees. If you’re passionate about Evidence-Based Practices and want to see your work utilized for the benefit of people with hearing loss, let’s start the dialogue.

Apply online:

https://www.linkedin.com/jobs/view/2298694278/?refId=ZHeha%2BqyQ0aYiVQEmdG6Ow%3D%3D