Re: [AUDITORY] Courses on music and auditory processses

Hello, Thanks to everyone who responded. Here is a list of useful links for courses on music and auditory processes. Hopefully I have not missed anyone!  If others have links to add, please feel free do so.

Laurel

1. Many great links from Esra Mungan:

PSYCHOACOUSTICS:

·        https://onlinetonegenerator.com/hearingtest.html (hearing span etc.)

REVERBERATION:

·        https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uKLkJJ3ftIw (reverberations -> Hagia Sophia soundspace.. also check: https://ccrma.stanford.edu/groups/iconsofsound/film/ (it is deplorable that the Hagia Sophia has been turned into a mosque..)

PREDICTION, SCHEMATA

·        https://www.ted.com/talks/bobby_mcferrin_watch_me_play_the_audience (this is a quite famous video by mcferrin beautifully demonstrating the pentatonic scale)
·        http://leadserv.u-bourgogne.fr/en/members/emmanuel-bigand (emmanuel bigand’s website has some cute demos on chordal/tonal expectations etc.)

MUSIC & LANGUAGE

·        https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vhgb60Qsjrs (miriam makeba click song à the fuzzy line btw language & music)
·        https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uxg4m2TlNSo (jason moran in istanbul à “in the studio: ringing my phone”, here the actual piece https://cityofistanbul.net/jason-moran-bandwagon-ringing-phone/
·        https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P0aoguO_tvI (whistle language in Black sea region)
·        https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e9WPcbKFnBA (auctioneer)
·        https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sEAqjWnYC8M (tuna auction bidding in japan)

OLIVER SACKS

·        https://www.wnycstudios.org/podcasts/radiolab/articles/remembering-oliver-sacks (a tribute to the late oliver sacks..)

MUSIC & CULTURE/EMOTION

·        https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tx6dwa4u8Lg (chechen female zikr chanting)
·        https://youtu.be/-3fhQqohk6s (anatolian sufi chant)
·        https://youtu.be/jfkIuaFC6x8?t=210 (musical chills… a kurdish singer from turkey)

2. Draft of online course of Psyche Louis and Georg Hadju with demos, soundfiles and links, available here:

https://mutor-2.github.io/MUTOR/

3. Many sound illusion examples on Diana Deutsch’s website

4. Victor Minces created and heads an NSF-sponsored project promoting the science of music in schools. "Part of my program, Listening To Waves, is creating web applications for users to explore and playfully create sound (make music). The web applications are very successful in the K-12 environment, but they are also suitable for college-level courses. And they are perfect for distance learning. You can learn more about my program at www.listeningtowaves.com. To play and see tutorials for the applications please go towww.listeningtowaves.com/sound-exploration. Be aware that they do not work on IOS or firefox."

5. Al Bregman’s website has many great examples:

http://webpages.mcgill.ca/staff/Group2/abregm1/web/

6. Tsu-han Cheng contributed this example of sound spatialization for Billie Eilish's ilomilo  here