[AUDITORY] Releasing FSD50K: an open dataset of human-labeled sound events with over 100h of audio

=== Apologies for cross-posting ===

Dear list,

We’re glad to announce the release of FSD50K, the new open dataset of human-labeled sound events. FSD50K contains over 51k Freesound audio clips, totalling over 100h of audio manually labeled using 200 classes drawn from the AudioSet Ontology. To our knowledge, this is the largest fully-open dataset of human-labeled sound events, and modestly the second largest after AudioSet.

FSD50K's most important characteristics:

FSD50K dataset: http://doi.org/10.5281/zenodo.4060432

Paper documenting dataset creation, characterization and experiments: Eduardo Fonseca, Xavier Favory, Jordi Pons, Frederic Font, Xavier Serra. "FSD50K: an Open Dataset of Human-Labeled Sound Events", arXiv:2010.00475, 2020

Companion site (where you can explore the audio content of the dataset): https://annotator.freesound.org/fsd/release/FSD50K/

Code for baseline experiments (to be released soon): https://github.com/edufonseca/FSD50K_baseline

Also, we will soon publish a blog post. Stay up-to-date about FSD50K by subscribing to the freesound-annotator Google Group. We hope all these resources are useful for the community! FSD50K has been created at the Music Technology Group of Universitat Pompeu Fabra, Barcelona. This effort was kindly sponsored by two Google Faculty Research Awards 2017 and 2018.

Cheers,

Eduardo on behalf of the Freesound Datasets team

--
Eduardo Fonseca
Music Technology Group