Re: [AUDITORY] Semantic McGurk Effect

Thanks to all that responded.  This has been interesting and fun.

I don’t want to restart the discussion…  but if I may summarize (and risk getting it wrong and starting a new flood of responses):

As others have said I think priming is probably the best way to describe this.  I was surprised that the result was so strong and changeable, even though I understood the process.

I now understand the McGurk effect is an example of cross-modal *integration* and that sounds different from priming.  All good.

Thanks everybody for the fun examples.

— Malcolm
P.S.  And Bob, I’m always happy to shave my legs for science and you.  :-)