[AUDITORY] study on the perception of abstract FM timbres

Hello everyone

We would like to invite you to participate in a study on the perceptual and semantic dimensions of the timbres of abstract sounds created via FM synthesis. We are seeking both musicians and non-musicians with no hearing issues.

Participation requires a computer with a reliable internet connection running a recent version of Google Chrome, as well as a pair of headphones. The experiment comprises two parts; you will be asked to complete either one (runs about 25 minutes) or both (approximately 50 minutes total) based on your musical and cultural background. Progress cannot be saved, so it is best to choose a time when you are unlikely to be interrupted.

On completion of the study, you have the option to enter a prize draw for one of two £25 Amazon vouchers.

If you wish to take part, you may do so at this link: http://qm-fm-study-2.herokuapp.com/

Please direct any questions to b.j.hayes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Thank you and best wishes
Charis

--
Charalampos (Charis) Saitis
Lecturer (Assistant Professor), Digital Music Processing

Centre for Digital Music
School of Electronic Engineering and Computer Science
Faculty of Science and Engineering
Queen Mary University of London
10 Godward Square, Peter Landin Building, London E1 4FZ, UK
Tel: +44(0)20 7882 7518
Mob: +44(0)7717 619844
Email: c.saitis@xxxxxxxxxx
www.c4dm.eecs.qmul.ac.uk

--
We are always hearing, but are we listening? — Joel Chadabe