[AUDITORY] EEG-data from tonal language speakers wanted

Dear Auditory List,

I am looking for EEG-data from native tonal language speakers to assess the subcortical response to continuous speech. I am working with Jens Hjortkjær (Technical University of Denmark), Ewen MacDonald (University of Waterloo), and Nathalie Giroud (University of Zürich) on my PhD project investigating the effects of hearing impairment and language tonality on speech processing along the auditory pathway. To answer our research questions and employ the planned analysis (similar to what we described in this manuscript), the data should have the characteristics listed below. Testing and travelling restrictions due to covid-19 have unfortunately made it impossible for myself to collect this data, and I could not identify a matching dataset in any EEG-database.

I am very happy to hear if you have / know of such a dataset, and interested in collaborations.

Thank you very much, best,

Florine

---Data set characteristics---

Must:

  • Tonal language native speakers
  • Continuous speech stimuli (e.g. audiobook)
  • Recording sampling rate 2048 Hz or higher

Would be great:

  • more than ~10min of recorded data per condition
  • 15+ participants or several sessions
  • Full-head EEG data (32+ channel)

---

Florine Lena Bachmann (班春明)

PhD fellow

Hearing Systems Section, Department of Health Technology

Technical University of Denmark (DTU)

flbach@xxxxxx | Dir. +45 45 25 39 66

ORCID | ResearchGate | LinkedIn | DTU Orbit | DTU.dk

Ørsteds Plads, Building 352, Room 111, 2800 Kgs. Lyngby