[AUDITORY] Call for participants: The time of atonal music

Dear music professionals or graduates of an undergraduate degree program in music,

An interdisciplinary team of researchers at the Einstein Center Chronoi (Berlin, Germany) is investigating ways in which music can structure time (https://www.ec-chronoi.de/time-in-sound-and-music). As part of this research,  I am conducting an online experiment about music professionals' perception of the time of atonal music. The experiment involves listening to brief atonal music excerpts and making subjective judgements about them. The duration of the full experiment is ca. 50 minutes. I immensely appreciate your time and interest.

Requirements to participate:
1. Being a music professional or a graduate of an undergraduate degree program in music.
2. Access to a computer with reliable internet connection. Please, wait until the experiment is fully loaded (the OK button will be activated).
***Windows users: please do not use Microsoft Edge/Internet Explorer.
3. A block of uninterrupted ca. 50 minutes. Please, complete the experiment in one sitting (without breaks).

LINK TO PARTICIPATE - Please, go to the link only when you are ready to complete the experiment from start to finish
https://run.pavlovia.org/ctaher/atonalmusictimeexp/html

No risks are associated with this research. Your confidentiality and anonymity for serving in this experiment will be protected. The Research Ethics Board and Data Protection Office of Humboldt University of Berlin have reviewed this study for compliance with ethical and data-protection standards. The experiment was programmed in Psychopy 3 (Peirce et al., 2019).

Do not hesitate to contact me with any questions or concerns.
MANY THANKS FOR YOUR TIME!
Cecilia Taher
tahercec@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Postdoc at Humboldt-Universität zu Berlin