[AUDITORY] SysMus20 Deadline extension and COVID-19

[Apologies for cross-posting]

Dear all,

We hope you are well and coping with the current situation as best as you can.

Things are really unpredictable right now and the SysMus Organizing Committee is aware that the global pandemic has an influence on each and every area of your life right now. Many of you will have had other things to worry about and limited access to resources to carry out your research. We therefore decided to extend the submission deadline to May 1st and are also discussing contingency plans for the conference itself, as it is impossible to tell at this point whether travel restrictions and social distancing will still have to be in place in September. We are highly aware that the original date is only five months away, but if you were planning on attending the conference, please don't make any travel arrangements just yet.

The current alternatives we are discussing at the moment are either to attempt a (mainly) virtual conference on the original dates in September or postpone the conference until December. As conference participants, you are the ones mainly impacted by this decision, so we would like to hear your thoughts as well and prepared a very short survey that you can reach following this link

We will give you an update as soon as we know more.

Be kind to yourselves and others and take care,

Diana (on behalf of the SysMus20 Organizing Committee).

Diana Kayser, MA, PhD candidate
York Music Psychology Group
Music Science and Technology Research Cluster
Department of Music
University of York

***please have a look at the video about my PhD project: https://youtu.be/h4QD7GnjZnY ***