[AUDITORY] Fwd: Research Assistant position at Harvard Music Lab

Dear AUDITORY, please circulate the below posting to any students looking for a full-time RA position.

thanks!
Sam

--
Samuel Mehr
Department of Psychology

CALL FOR APPLICATIONS
Research Assistant, Department of Psychology, Harvard University

The Harvard Music Lab (PI Samuel Mehr) is hiring a full-time Research Assistant to contribute to any part of our research on music perception and cognition. Possible focus areas include cross-sectional and longitudinal studies of infants and families, web-based citizen science, data science, cross-cultural studies, and more.

Candidates with interests in any of these areas are encouraged to apply, but it is not necessary to have experience in more than one. Regardless of academic background, we encourage anyone who is interested in the scientific study of music to apply. Applicants can read more about our work at http://themusiclab.org.

The RA will join any/all aspects of our research, including creating experiment stimuli with video and audio editing tools; designing experiments; working in jsPsych, HTML, and/or CSS (with our supervision and training); assisting with data collection and analysis; setting up and maintaining equipment; helping to carry out in-lab experiments with people of all ages, including infants, children, and their parents; and working on social media and web-based participant recruitment. The RA will attend and participate in lab meetings and work with the PI to develop independent research projects. This position is ideal for people interested in developing their research interests before applying to graduate school, but this is not a requirement.

An undergraduate degree in cognitive science, psychology, or a related field is preferred, though candidates with other backgrounds will also be considered. Experience with some of the software packages and programming languages we use may be helpful (R, Stata, _javascript_, CSS, HTML, Python, SQL, AWS, Audition, Premiere, MTurk, Qualtrics, etc) but is not required.

We are committed to increasing diversity in scientific and health-related research and especially encourage applications from individuals who identify as members of one or more ethnic groups that have been shown by the National Science Foundation to be under-represented in health-related sciences on a national basis.

All formal offers will be made by FAS Human Resources. This is a one-year salaried position, with benefits including health and tuition assistance, and with the possibility of renewal. The planned start date of 1 September 2020 but is negotiable. Unfortunately, we are unable to offer visa sponsorship for this position; candidates must be eligible to work in the US in order to be considered. Please apply at http://tinyurl.com/musiclabRA20 by 31 March 2020 and direct any questions about this posting to musiclab+RA20@xxxxxxxxxxxxx.