[AUDITORY] Speech Research Internship - Summer 2020 @ Sonos, Santa Barbara, CA

Sonos is currently recruiting PhD candidates for an internship on the Advanced Development Team. As the Speech Research Intern, you’ll help us re-imagine how we use voice to control our music experiences.

The team is currently involved in improving the current voice and audio solutions that can be found in Sonos iconic products like the Sonos One, Sonos Beam, and the recently launched Sonos Move.

 Ideally, you will have a background in one (or more) of the following disciplines:
• Multichannel signal processing algorithm development(e.g., beamforming, noise suppression, acoustic echo cancellation, source separation)
• Audio and speech content identification and classification, (e.g., acoustic scene analysis, keyword spotting, automatic speech recognition, speaker identification)
• Privacy-preserving and low-footprint machine learning techniques

The duration and period of the internship are flexible (3-6 months). The location is Santa Barbara, CA.

QUALIFICATIONS
What You’ll Do:
• Develop and refine speech-centric algorithms
• Implement automatic test infrastructures to evaluate the algorithms you develop
• Meet with the team to present findings and update progress

Skills You’ll Need:
• PhD candidate preferred
• Proficiency in advanced digital signal processing and machine learning techniques for speech enhancement and recognition
• Proficiency with algorithm design software like Matlab or Python required
• Familiarity with C/C++ and ASR toolkits (e.g., Kaldi) preferred
• Familiarity with deep learning tools (e.g., TensorFlow, Keras) preferred
• Familiarity with basic concept of acoustics (e.g., room modeling, driver and microphone characteristics)
• Passion for data-driven experimental analysis

Apply online at https://careers.sonos.com/jobs/JobDetail/Speech-Audio-Research-Intern/6873,
if there's a good match, we'll be in touch shortly with next steps!

If you have any questions, feel free to contact Daniele Giacobello at daniele.giacobello@xxxxxxxxx