[AUDITORY] Cortical sources of the auditory steady state response

Dear List,

Can anyone point me to recent work on cortical sources of the ~40 Hz auditory steady state response?

Some older papers argue that the sources are in auditory cortex, while others argue that there are multiple sources in different parts of the cortex, e.g.,:

https://link.springer.com/article/10.1023/A:1021470822922

https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0378595504004009

I’m curious what the latest research suggests.

Thanks,

Ani Patel

Aniruddh D. Patel

Professor, Dept. of Psychology, Tufts University

CIFAR Fellow, Azrieli Program in Brain, Mind, & Consciousness

http://ase.tufts.edu/psychology/people/patel/