[AUDITORY] renewed request for sound and emotion data sets

Hello all,

Last year I collected a list of audio data sets that feature emotion ratings/tags for each file. (Thanks a bunch to everyone who replied.) I’m renewing that request, with a particular interest in collecting sound data sets (though music data sets are also welcome). The emotion ratings can be dimensional (arousal, valence, etc.), or discrete (happiness, sadness, etc.), and the datasets can consist of natural or artificial sounds, as well as music of any kind, so long as each dataset includes both the audio files (e.g., .wav, .mp3, etc.) and the emotion ratings (presumably included in accompanying text files).

Examples include the International Affective Digital Sounds (IADS) dataset (link), which includes dimensional emotion ratings for sounds like crying infants and barking dogs, and the soundtracks datasets for music and emotion (link), which includes emotion ratings for film soundtrack excerpts.

I’d greatly appreciate any and all responses off list. Thanks!

Below is the list of data sets I’ve collected thus far:

Data set Name

url

ACT_moods

https://dataverse.harvard.edu/dataset.xhtml?persistentId=hdl:1902.1/21618

AMG1608

http://amg1608.blogspot.com/2015/02/the-amg1608-dataset-for-music-emotion.html

Audioset_Music mood

https://research.google.com/audioset/ontology/music_mood_1.html

Beads

https://epoasi.eu/en/research/publications/research-material/

DEAM

http://cvml.unige.ch/databases/DEAM/

DEAPdataset

http://www.eecs.qmul.ac.uk/mmv/datasets/deap/readme.html

emoMusic

http://cvml.unige.ch/databases/emoMusic/

Emo-Soundscapes

http://metacreation.net/emo-soundscapes/

Emotify

http://www.projects.science.uu.nl/memotion/emotifydata/

Emusic

http://metacreation.net/project/emusic/

GAD

https://hilab.di.ionio.gr/index.php/en/music-information-research/

Harvard_dataverse

https://dataverse.harvard.edu/dataset.xhtml?persistentId=doi:10.7910/DVN/IFOBRN

IADS

https://csea.phhp.ufl.edu/Media.html#midmedia

MAV

Request from experimenters

MEB

http://www.peretzlab.ca/publications/2013/page3

MER_audio_taffc_dataset

http://mir.dei.uc.pt/downloads.html

MER_bimodal_dataset

http://mir.dei.uc.pt/downloads.html

MER_lyrics_sentences_dataset-ED

http://mir.dei.uc.pt/downloads.html

MIREX-like_mood

http://mir.dei.uc.pt/downloads.html

Moodo

http://mood.musiclab.si/index.php/en/dataset/download

MoodSwings

http://music.ece.drexel.edu/research/emotion/moodswingsturk

NHS

https://osf.io/m9rxv/

OxVoc

http://musicinthebrain.au.dk/contact/the-oxvoc-sounds-database/

Peretz_clips

http://www.peretzlab.ca/publications/2008/

PMEmo

http://pmemo.hellohui.cn/dataset/

Soundtracks

https://www.jyu.fi/hytk/fi/laitokset/mutku/en/research/projects2/past-projects/coe/materials/emotion/soundtracks/Index

Best,

David

__________________________________

David R. W. Sears, Ph.D.

Assistant Professor, Interdisciplinary Arts

Affiliated Faculty in Music Theory

Performing Arts Research Lab (PeARL)

J.T. & Margaret Talkington

College of Visual & Performing Arts