[AUDITORY] Funded PhD opportunities in Auditory Neurophysiology at the City University of Hong Kong

Dear fellow Hearing Geeks,

please help spread the word that we have openings for four year funded PhD positions to join our research group at the City University of Hong Kong. We have a group of ~10 researchers working on a variety of topics, using both animal studies as well as work on human volunteers to study binaural hearing and pitch processing with cochlear implants, auditory pattern learning, rhythm processing and temporal prediction, and auditory short term memory.

Interested parties, please just drop me an email.

Best,

Jan

PS: Contrary to what you may hear on the news, Hong Kong is not a war zone. It is and remains a truly wonderful place to live and work, where everything is at your finger tips. On a typical weekend I hike through subtropical forests to go swimming on isolated beaches or under waterfalls, followed by concerts (jazz / classical / opera) or one of hundreds of other live cultural events, and then a nightcap on a rooftop bar, all within easy reach of less than 1 hour by public transport. HK universities are well funded and much less burdened by bloated, over-engineered paperwork than western institutions. Truly a place of opportunity.

Prof Jan Schnupp
City University of Hong Kong
Dept. of Biomedical Sciences
31 To Yuen Street,