[AUDITORY] Postdoc/Research Associate Opening at Northwestern University

Postdoc or Research Associate Position in Hearing Healthcare Research

Northwestern University, Evanston, Illinois

A postdoc or research associate position with a focus on hearing healthcare is available immediately in the Auditory Research Laboratory headed by Sumit Dhar, PhD at Northwestern University (Evanston Campus).

Duties: The successful candidate will join a team with collaborators at multiple institutions within and outside the US to work on solutions to improve hearing healthcare.  Past and current projects in the lab have resulted in the development of tools such as the Consumer Ear Disease Risk Assessment questionnaire (cedra.northwestern.edu). Primary duties will include research design, data collection, analysis, and interpretation as well as project and staff management.

Qualifications: We encourage individuals from a broad array of backgrounds relevant to hearing healthcare, including but not limited to audiology, psychology, epidemiology, health services, public health, and health economics to apply. Candidates with experience in hearing health across the lifespan are highly desirable. We are particularly interested in broad thinkers with good quantitative skills to join our team.  Applicants with an earned PhD in Hearing Science/Audiology or related field are preferred, but exceptionally qualified MS/AuD (or equivalent degrees) applicants will be considered.

The University: Northwestern is home to a strong group of scientists working on various basic and applied questions in hearing and hearing loss. The Roxelyn and Richard Pepper Department of Communication Sciences and Disorders is home to highly ranked clinical and research programs in Audiology and Hearing Science. Furthermore, the Chicago area offers world-class metropolitan and suburban living possibilities for individuals of diverse backgrounds and interests.

For inquiry and application, candidates should email a CV to Sumit Dhar (s-dhar@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxu). Our aim is to fill this position as soon as possible.

For further information on the work we do in the Auditory Research Lab, visit our website: hearing.northwestern.edu