Re: [AUDITORY] Job opportunity: manager of Hearing Device Research Centre, Manchester, UK

Dear List Members,

This is advanced notice that we will be looking to appoint a dynamic, fulltime, manager to our Hearing Device Research Centre (HDRC), unique to the UK. The post will be based at the Manchester Centre for Audiology and Deafness, University of Manchester, UK. It is part of our growing £28.5m NIHR Manchester Biomedical Research Centre infrastructure. The successful candidate will have the vision, expertise, determination and communication skills to drive the HDRC strategy forward. Their role is to develop and sustain HDRC capacity and capability. The successful applicant may have primarily an industry or primarily a research/academic background, but will have an interest in working with people in both fields.  The applicant’s role will be to formulate project proposals, either by initiating them or by responding to requests, ensure that experimental protocols are prepared and agreed by those involved, plan project logistics, supervise staff who carry out the research, and prepare or ensure the preparation of reports on the results of the research.

Happy to provide further information and have informal discussion with anyone who is potentially interested.

Many thanks,

Kevin

Kevin J Munro PhD I NIHR Senior Investigator  I Twitter: @kevinjmunro

Ewing Professor of Audiology (www.research.manchester.ac.uk/portal/kevin.j.munro.html)

Hearing Health Theme Lead, NIHR Manchester Biomedical Research Centre (www.manchesterbrc.nihr.ac.uk)

Manchester Centre for Audiology and Deafness (ManCAD; www.research.bmh.manchester.ac.uk/ManCAD/

School of Health Sciences I Faculty of Biology, Medicine and Health | A3.11 Ellen Wilkinson Building I University of Manchester I Manchester  I  M13 9PL

Tel: +44 161 275 3360  I  Fax: +44 161 275 3360 | http://www.manchester.ac.uk/research/Kevin.j.munro/

PA: Wendy Lamb  I  +44 161 275 8678  I  wendy.lamb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Want to join HEARING RESEARCH volunteer database:http://www.psych-sci.manchester.ac.uk/audiologyvolunteers/

cid:image001.png@01D53899.95519080