[AUDITORY] A real-time hearing-loss simulator.

Dear list,

I am very please to advertise the auditory community that we have made available on github a real-time hearing-loss simulator. All the sources are open with a MIT license that permits reuse for any purpose and even within proprietary software. This simulator is written in python and is based on an inverse compressive gammachirp auditory filter. This work has been presented at the last ISH meeting in Copenhagen and the main associated publication is :

Grimault, Irino, Dimachki, Corneyllie, Patterson, Garcia (2018) Acta-Acoust, 104 (5), pp 904-908. https://doi.org/10.3813/AAA.919252

This open source hearing-loss simulator also enables to predict SRT in noise and can be used as a pedagogical tool, a research tool or a sound design tool:

Parizet, Grimault, Garcai, Corneyllie, Brocolini (2016) Hearing loss simulator for sound quality application. Proceeding of Internoise 2016, Hamburg.

If you are interested in using this simulator, the full documentation is here: https://hearinglosssimulator.readthedocs.io/en/latest/

And all the sources can be downloaded here: https://github.com/samuelgarcia/HearingLossSimulator

Best,

Nicolas Grimault

Nicolas Grimault, PhD
Cognition Auditive et Psychoacoustique
UMR CNRS 5292 Centre de Recherche en Neurosciences de Lyon
Centre Hospitalier Le Vinatier - Bâtiment 462 - Neurocampus
95 boulevard Pinel
69675 Bron Cedex
France
Vocal: 33 (0)4 81 10 65 73
Email: nicolas.grimault@xxxxxxx
                                            ___.-----.______
                                  ___.-----'::::::::::::::::`---.___
               _.--._            (:::;,-----'~~~~~`----::::::::::.. `-.
  _          .'_---. `--.__       `~~'                 `~`--.:::::`..  `..
 ; `-.____.-' ' {0} ` `--._`---.____                         `:::::::: : ::
:_^              ~   `--.___ `----.__`----.____                ~::::::.`;':
 :`--.__,-----.___(         `---.___ `---.___  `----.___         ~|;:,' : |
  `-.___,---.____     _,        ._  `----.____ `----.__ `-----.___;--'  ; :