[AUDITORY] Tolerance time interval for piano performance recognition

Dear list,
I am a Ph.D. student in music informatics at the University of Milan. My project is about piano performance analysis and score-informed piano transcription.

I was wondering if someone here knows any study about one or more of the following time tolerance intervals. I am interested in the threshold after which a human can recognize that in piano performances:

* two or more onsets are not synchronous
* two onsets are in different timing positions in respect to the previous identical note offset/onset
* two or more offsets are not synchronous
* two notes have different durations in monophonic/polyphonic environments

I have found the following related paper, but it is rather old:
E. F. Clarke, “The Perception of Expressive Timing in Music,” vol. 51, no. 1, pp. 2–9, Jun. 1989.

From this study, it seems that humans are able to recognize differences in music performances even if time changes lasts only 20 ms. However, most of the researches involving computational analysis of music performances (audio-to-score alignment and automatic music transcription), refer to the threshold of 50 ms as tolerance.

I am wondering if, as of today, some more recent and in-depth research has been carried on.

Thank you very much to anyone's help!

Cheers,
federico

---