[AUDITORY] CMMR 2019, Marseille, France, 14-18 October 2019 -- 2nd Call for Contributions!

Dear List,

This is the 2nd Call for Participation for the 14th International Symposium on Computer Music Multidisciplinary Research (CMMR 2019) which will be held in Marseilles, France, on 14-18 October 2019.

CMMR 2019 is organised by the PRISM (AMU-CNRS) laboratory, GMEM, n+n corsino, QMUL (London, UK) and INESC TEC (Porto, Portugal).

The theme of CMMR 2019 is Perception, Representations, Image, Sound, Music.

CMMR will take place at the CNRS campus (GLM) and at the center for artistic creation and innovation, la Friche de la Belle de Mai.

The conference includes a scientific programme with oral presentations, posters and demos. It also features a music/arts programme with daily concerts and performances.

CMMR2019 will commemorate the French computer music pioneer Jean-Claude Risset. In this context, we’re delighted to announce that our first confirmed keynote speaker for CMMR 2019 is computer music pioneer and composer John Chowning!

We invite submissions for papers, music, and demos that span the field of multidisciplinary music research, but especially those aligned with the conference theme.

We also invite proposals for both hands-on/interactive and regular workshops.

The full list of topics and further instructions about the preparation of submissions can be found here:

https://cmmr2019.prism.cnrs.fr/callPapers.html

https://cmmr2019.prism.cnrs.fr/callDemos.html

https://cmmr2019.prism.cnrs.fr/callMusic.html

https://cmmr2019.prism.cnrs.fr/callWorkshops.html

In addition to the standard submissions, we are happy to solicit scientific contributions for the following special sessions:

- Jean-Claude Risset and Beyond

- Sonic Interaction for Immersive Media

- The process of sound design (tools, methods, productions)

- Notation and Instruments distributed on mobile devices

- Improvisation, Expectations and Collaborations

- From audio-visual work to audio-spectator : what’s going on ?

- Music and the Brain

- Music and deafness

- Phenomenology of conscious experience

- Sounds and virtual spaces

For further details see: https://cmmr2019.prism.cnrs.fr/specialSessions.html

All submissions in both the scientific and music tracks will be subject to peer review. Submitted papers must conform to the CMMR 2019 templates which are available on the conference website.

Please note the following important dates:

Paper, demo, workshop and music/arts submission deadline: 1st May 2019

Notification of acceptance: 15th June 2019

Camera-ready deadline: 1st July 2019

Author registration deadline: 15th July 2019

Conference dates: 14-18 October 2019

All accepted papers will be hosted online and selected papers will appear in post symposium proceedings which are planned to be published by Springer Verlag in the Lecture Notes in Computer Science Series.

If you have any questions about CMMR 2019, please contact the Symposium Chairs at:
cmmr2019-chairs@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Looking forward to receiving your submissions, and welcoming you to Marseille in October 2019!

Best wishes,
The CMMR organizing committee