[AUDITORY] Interested in binaural speech processing? Visit ELOBES2019!

Dear List,

 It is our pleasure to announce you ELOBES2019, a one-day workshop on optimizing binaural hearing for the environment and listener. The event will take place on the 12th of January 2019 in Ghent (Belgium). Attentive auditory-list readers will have spotted immediately that this is the day after the end of the popular Speech in Noise (SpiN2019) workshop taking place in the same venue. One could consider ELobes2019 a SpiN-off, a.k.a. satellite meeting, of the 11th Speech in Noise workshop.

We are proud to stage an impressive group of eminent as well as early-career talented scholars: amongst them are Micheal Akeroyd, Mathieu Lavandier and Asger Andersen. Speakers will be presenting overviews and latest developments in the fields of binaural signal processing and hearing research. A preliminary programme is available on the workshop’s website: https://www.phon.ucl.ac.uk/events/elobes2019/ . This website also provides you an opportunity to express your interest to attend the workshop. Attendance is free as are refreshments and lunch. Places are limited.

If you are interested in binaural processing, we hope you are joining us at ELOBES2019

On behalf of the organising team*,

Gaston Hilkhuysen

*The workshop  marks the end of the project ‘Environment and Listener Optimised Binaural Enhancement of Speech (ELOBES). It is run by Mike Brookes, Patrick Naylor, Alastair Moore, Wei Xue, Stuart Rosen, Tim Green, Gaston HIlkhuysen and Mark Huckvale based at Imperial College or University College London. The UK Engineering and Physical Sciences Research Council funds ELOBES.

--
Gaston Hilkhuysen
Research Associate