[AUDITORY] Audio research internships at Adobe Research

Adobe Research is offering audio research internships in San Francisco and Seattle in 2019. We are looking for PhD students who are excited about pushing the state of the art in the field and having a real-world impact. We work in a variety of audio problem areas including deep learning for audio, speech enhancement, speech synthesis, music synthesis, audio production, audio event detection, joint audio/video processing, music information retrieval, HCI for audio, audio in immersive environments, and acoustic simulation. Our internships are typically in the summer, but we will consider off-summer interns as well. With our newly formed Audio Research Group, we have several internship openings for 2019. We have just started recruiting, and would love to hear from you!

You will directly collaborate with one or more of the following researchers:

  • San Francisco - Zeyu Jin, Nicholas Bryan, Justin Salamon (joining early 2019), Juan-Pablo Caceres, Gautham Mysore
  • Seattle - Timothy Langlois, Dingzeyu Li
  • Remote from Illinois - Paris Smaragdis

You can find more details about the individual researchers here:

https://research.adobe.com/people

You will also have access to world-class product groups and design teams. We regularly publish in top-tier conferences and journals, explore opportunities to invent new products, and create amazing features for our established creative tools including Audition and Premiere Pro -- allowing you to see your work in the hands of millions. Our papers with student interns and collaborators have received best student paper awards at Interspeech, ICASSP, ISMIR, and LVA/ICA, as well as an AES student design competition gold award. Some of our interns have also presented their projects on stage with celebrities at the Adobe MAX Sneaks.

Our internships last for 3 months. We are especially interested in fostering ongoing collaborations and are open to projects that last beyond the internship and become part of your PhD thesis. We offer competitive compensation and benefits and strive to create an experience that is collaborative, innovative, and productive. The San Francisco lab is located in the trendy SOMA area, near the ballpark and a short walk from the public transportation. The Seattle lab is located in the hip Fremont area, directly on the water.

To apply, please send an email to research-internship-phd@xxxxxxxxx with your CV and a list of your research interests. Please use the following title in the email - Audio Research Internship

Please also apply to our open role here. Graduate Research Scientist Intern

Feel free to reach out to me with any questions.

Thanks,

Gautham