[AUDITORY] New datasets for monophonic, melody, bass and multi-f0 pitch tracking

*** apologies for cross-postings ***

Dear list,

We're pleased to announce the release of five new(ish) datasets for research on monophonic, melody, bass and multi-f0 pitch tracking:

http://synthdatasets.weebly.com/

The datasets are released as part of our ISMIR 2017 publication:

An analysis/synthesis framework for automatic f0 annotation of multitrack datasets
J. Salamon, R. M. Bittner, J. Bonada, J. J. Bosch, E. Gómez, and J. P. Bello.
In 18th Int. Soc. for Music Info. Retrieval Conf., Suzhou, China, Oct. 2017.

And consist of:

MDB-melody-synth
65 songs from the MedleyDB dataset in which the melody track has been resynthesized to obtain a perfect melody f0 annotation using the analysis/synthesis method described in the paper.

MDB-bass-synth
71 songs from the MedleyDB dataset in which the bass track has been resynthesized to obtain a perfect bass f0 annotation using the analysis/synthesis method described in the paper.

MDB-mf0-synth
85 songs from the MedleyDB dataset in which polyphonic pitched instruments (such as piano and guitar) have been removed and all monophonic pitched instruments (such as bass and voice) have been resynthesized to obtain perfect f0 annotations using the analysis/synthesis method described in the paper.

MDB-stem-synth
230 solo stems (tracks) from the MedleyDB dataset spanning a variety of musical instruments and voices, which have been resynthesized to obtain a perfect f0 annotation using the analysis/synthesis method described in the paper.

Bach10-mf0-synth
10 classical music pieces (four-part J.S. Bach chorales) from the Bach10 dataset where each instrument (bassoon, clarinet, saxophone and violin) has been resynthesized to obtain perfect f0 annotations using the analysis/synthesis method described in the paper.

To hear some samples from these datasets please see the examples page.

We hope you find these datasets useful! For example, at MARL we used MDB-stem-synth to train and evaluate our convnet-based monophonic pitch tracker CREPE.

We're also working on an open-source library implementing the analysis/synthesis method described in the paper so that people can use it to create new f0 annotations for multitrack datasets. It's still in the works, we'll send a follow-up message once it's released.

Thanks and sorry it's taken us this long to release the data!

Justin, Rachel, Jordi, Juanjo, Emilia and Juan.

--
Justin Salamon, PhD
Senior Research Scientist